We've reached the end of the month
already! To celebrate I thought a bit
of alcohol might come in handy......
......no, not that sort of alcohol.......
Jane Castle will explain.....
"Morning to you all, today I'd like to share
my attempts/experiences at trying
this wonderfully named procedure
"Drunken Chalks", what a fab name!
I had a play with various cardstock
before making this greetinge card.
To begin with I used white glossy cardstock
as my base and the coloured inks are all
The 3 chalk inks are Sea-Breeze, Pink Petunia
and Pumpkin Spice.
These were then sprayed with Isopropyl Alcohol,
which I'm assured is vertually the same as
These began to merge into each other
forming some lovely blends.
Then once completely dry I stamped my
Encore Metallic Gold ink pad over the whole
card and sprayed on more alcohol.
This initially looked quite dark but when it
had dried was much lighter.
For my second piece I used Sage, Mango Madness
and Ocean Depth with the gold ink to finish.
Feeling a bit more confident now----
decided to try some black glossy cardstock
as my base!
I used the same 3 inks as the first card
and then used silver metallic ink to finish.
The metallic shine didn't come through
as strongly on this ---- maybe
the colours underneath were a bit too bold.
Now for my last experiment, I had a small
piece of homemade fabric paper left from
a previous project.
( This is extremely easy to make and there
are various videos available to watch)
As this has a non-porous coating of
watered down PVA glue on the surface thought
it would be worth a try.
The colours used were Sea-Breeze, Mango Madness
and Perfect Plumeria with silver metallic to finish.
This dried the quickest and had the best sheen.
Now onto the greetings card,
I decided to use the 1st, 2nd and 4th pieces
for my flowers. The smallest flower is the fabric paper.
I drew around the stencil on the back of my
coloured card and then cut the flowers out.
This hasn't got to be very precise!
Then using the smaller flower stencil
inked the centre design in Walnut Stain DI.
These were then brushed with Cosmic Shimmers
Red Bronze Mica Powder.
You can see in this photo the difference
in the shine of the glossy card and the fabric paper.
Then onto the card blank--
the flower stems were stamped in
Peeled Paint DI using a stamp from Jofy 38,
the small squares stamped in the Sea-Breeze
Finally the sentiment was stamped in Perfect Plumeria.
Finally screw head brads were added to the
flower centres before attaching with Pinflair Glue.
I hope you will give this technique a try
as it's fascinating to see how the different
Thanks for stopping by today
and have a good crafting week."
Isopropyl Alcohol/ Rubbing Alcohol
You really had fun with this
one Jane - Many thanks
Apropos the Isopropyl Alcohol -
this is available from the Chemist.
You could of course substitute the