Thursday 7 September 2017

Holiday Album


Holiday Album


Hi!

I'm sure your holidays are still
fresh in your mind -  so here is
another album for your best
pictures and memories

Louise Thomson has yet another
idea for hers and she'd sharing it
with us here:

"I fell totally in love with the new 
Graphic 45 papers and was looking
 for a way to show them off - 
ideally, both sides of each one! 
The upcycled holiday album was perfect
 and as we had a rural holiday 
in Shropshire this year, 
the Nature Sketchbook ones were ideal.

I started with a couple of notepad backs
 - these were to form the basis of my book. 
Each one was cut to a rectangle, and then 
scored down one edge to make the spine.



 I marked points on the spine where I
hole punched so that I could thread twine 
through to hold the pages in place.


 Then, with the holes punched, I covered 
the card in some of the G45 papers.
I painted the insides of the covers 
with fresco paint in green apple.


I added a little stamping and some other 
G45 papers to the front cover, along with
 die cuts from paper sprayed in
 Dylusions ink sprays. 
The gold edge is created with alchemy wax.


I stuck the two covers together, 
overlapping the punched holes


then tied some coloured thread through
to hold the pages in place




For the pages I made two wadges of papers. 
Those with the highly patterned designs 
I tried to use for the double spreads 
so that they could be fully seen.



Then the decorating began!

I haven't completed the album yet, 
but here are a few samples of the pages 
that are underway.


I've used lots of different papers from 
the nature sketchbook range to tie the 
look together. 


I made the most of the notebook style 
paper to add my own handwritten notes 
about the holiday. 


I also used stamps from PaperArtsy 
to embellish some pages.


Most of the pages have pockets 
such as the one below, 
or loops of paper to thread things
 through and to tuck in bits and pieces.


The butterfly stamp is from a Bo Bunny set,
 embossed in white to make it stand out 
from the highly patterned paper. 

Thats all for now, although the pages 
will have more added to them in time!"

Materials list;


Thanks for giving us another way
to make an album Louise.  Look 
forward to seeing more

Have to admit to Graphic 45 being 
my very favourite papers 
- just love that linseed oil aroma
 they give off and their strength

"Till tomorrow

Mickie xx






3 comments:

  1. Love how you've used these gorgeous papers Louise. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely album ready for pictures... Love these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great album tutorial. I love this topic. Thank very much.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.