Friday 15 September 2017

Joseph's Coat


Joseph's Coat


Hi There!

Always good to see you!
Are you enjoying this technique 
as much as I am?   I don't know
what I was thinking when I set
the theme!   Just glad it came
to mind.................

Here is Claire Jackson to take
you through her bright and
cheerful canvas:


"The Joseph’s Coat technique usually involves layering
 ink using a resist to reveal an image. 

I decided to try it with paint and masking.

First I painted a canvas board with three 
shades of pink Fresco Finish paint. 

I’m sure I have mentioned previously that this 
is my favourite craft paint because it dries very quickly 
and is great for stamping and drawing on.



Next I added stencilling with the same 
three shades of pink.



Using a stencil with a smaller design I added 
complementary colours. 


It’s important that the paint is completely 
dry before the next step.

 I stamped the Tracy Scott designs on masking
 paper (you could use sticky notes) and 
cut them out, leaving a small border, before placing 
them on the canvas.


I made sure the masks were properly stuck 
down to prevent paint seeping under the edges.

 I then covered the whole canvas with shades of 
green and turquoise, before adding extra stencilling


When the masks are removed you reveal 
the colours beneath.


 Next I stamped the images directly onto the
 canvas with Archival ink. 

I stamped the foreground flowers first 
and replaced the masks as I went along 
to create depth.


When all the pink areas had been over-stamped 
I removed the masks.



I added white highlights with paint pen 
and gel markers.


 To finish off I added watercolour pencil to 
the images, a few more highlights and some
 blue gelatos around the edges.


Here is a detail of the flowers"


Materials:

Archival Ink: jet black


This has worked out so well
I can see how relaxing it
must be to do this. Thank 
you Claire


Lovely to see that canvas coming
together wasn't it?  Not a hint of
black paint too!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

3 comments:

  1. ARGH!! I can't open the pictures of the finished canvas. I'm sure it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is stunning! What a cool technique! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, lovely project. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.