Friday 1 September 2017

On the Case


On the Case


Hi There!

Here we go into the new month
with a beautiful addition to our
storage theme.

Take a look at
Angela Radford's project below
and decide whether or not
you could bear to part with it....


"Angela here to show you what I've done
 with these gorgeous little boxes but first the
 background paper using Distress Oxide inks.


Before I started adding the background paper 
I covered the edges of the box with ink and 
left it to dry.


 Next, cut a strip from the background paper 
wide enough to go round the heart box but don't 
worry if it's a bit wide as I will show you how 
I finish it later. 

Now stamp your chosen images to decorate the paper.


Now attach it to the box.

 I like to do this a little at a time so it is nice 
and firm round the box, spreading the glue to
 ensure good coverage.


And here is my method of finishing the edges
 once the paper is stuck down. 

Take a file and rub the edge upwards away
 from the box and this will remove the excess paper 
leaving a lovely smooth finish.



The edges may need inking again at this stage.


The lid is next. 
Cover this in the same way as the box.


Couldn't resist a bit of grunging here!


Always a relief when the lid fits. 
It's better not to use card for the outside as it 
may be too thick and then the lid may not
 fit which can be very disappointing Lol!


Decoration next but as usual I wasn't quite 
sure so cut more flowers than I needed 
but they will always come in handy
 for another project. 

The yellow card was actually left over from
 an earlier project.



Edge the flowers next and then you will 
have to decide which ones to use!


I decided to make two small roses.


Such a tease! Better show you more.


 Well this is the top, almost finished. 
I added the ribbon too.


But decided it needed dew drops 
which were drops of Glossy Accents.


Just a few more photographs and then I'm off!


Close-up of the flowers.


And the back too. 



Happy crafting, Angela xXx"


Materials used:


A beautiful box Angela
Thank you 


Dare I say, beautifully grungy?
Perhaps not but I am sure
you all know what I mean

As to whether I could bear to part
with it..............NO! I could not


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx








4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, feminine look to this Angela. Love the colour combination X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane. I can do girly when I try Lol! Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.