Saturday 30 September 2017

Drunken Chalks

Drunken Chalks


Hallo Everyone!

Hope you've had a good month
and achieved most, if not all,
you have set out to do.

Don't worry if you haven't -
there's always next month.....

Here is Angela Radford with
the final instalment in our
chapter of alcoholic delights:

 "Hi all. I've been having some fun playing 
with Distress Oxides, together with
Surgical Spirit and  Hand Sanitizing Gel 
both of which contain Alcohol.

I have used these with a variety of different 
papers and card and got some interesting results.



Normally I have used the Distress Oxides with water
 which reacts nicely but with the Surgical Spirit 
the effect is quite different and I'm happy to say
 that the inks move around in interesting ways. 

This was on a very smooth stamping card. 

I used a dropper to apply the surgical spirit to the paper.


It's also interesting to see how different the effect
 is on different papers. 

This one was slightly more glossy. 

On this sample I sprayed the surgical spirit 
onto the paper.


 This test was done on Velum, love it. 
Again, sprayed the surgical spirit though I also 
tilted parts of the velum to encourage some 
movement of the liquid.


Here you can see the effect of stamping with 
the Hand Sanitizer.

It reacts with the ink really quickly.


And a close-up. 

Will definitely be playing with this technique again.


Tried this on Yupo too by spraying. 



I would advise sealing all of these when dry. 

Although the colour didn't move when dry,
 it will be effected by water if reactivated.



But of course you will want to see what 
I've done with some of these. 
So I took some card blanks and 
started with some stamping.


Then some stamping on one of the sample 
pieces which I cut out.


 For the stamping I used some PaperArtsy stamps 
available at The Craft Barn.


 I cut out and attached a section of the Velum
 for this card and then stamped over it 
and heat embossed the image.


More stamping then added some of the cut out
 circles, sentiment and Gems. 

The little dots around the edge were done 
with a black pen.


Here you can see the full card.


Couldn't resist making another.
 I used a different sample for this one.


And the full card. 



Hope you enjoyed watching me play
 as much as I enjoyed doing it. 

Happy crafting, Angela xXx"


  Products used:
Sanitizing Hand Gel
Surgical Spirit


Thank you Angela - 
for another super
tutorial.  Always great
to see the enthusiasm
you bring to the project


I would never have thought 
of hand sanitising gel!  Must
try this one so guess what's
on my shopping list this week!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



10 comments:

  1. Really like the effect achieved with the hand sanitizer Angela, -- very clever. Have a great weekend X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, thank you so much for the lovely comment. Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. Love the techniques and the design of the card! Great use of these stamps too... amongst my Paper Artsy faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be taking my stamping onto the back of the card more often. Looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, it's something we often forget or ignore but I quite like it and I think it makes the card look just that bit more special. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

      Delete
  4. A great technique Angela, I have used it on Archival ink but not with the Oxides - need to try that too. Great cards! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne, pleased you like them and thanks for stopping by xXx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful techniques Angela! I wonder if they would work as well with Distress Inks .. might have to try it out. Love how you continued your stamping to the back of the cards .. totally brilliant!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Margaret, pleased you like them. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.