Wednesday 13 September 2017

Joseph's Coat

Joseph's Coat


Hi There!

Thought it might be fun to
re-visit an old technique ....
...... very old.......I remember
doing this in Primary School!

Here's Helen Chilton to start
us off..............




"Rub the Distress inks onto a panel of glossy card.



Stencil the mosaic pattern over the top 
with VersaMark...


... and then emboss in clear


Rub over a dark coloured inkpad - 
I used Black Soot.


Buff over with a cloth to remove ink 
from embossing.


 I don't think I let the ink 'cure' for long enough 
as it came out quite pale so I ....



....then rubbed over with Chipped Sapphire 
and left it for a bit longer.


Rub some Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin 
onto a small piece of glossy.


Lay over and clear emboss the fish fossil


Rub over blue and black until black and blue(!) 
and then buff up.


I then added some definition with a black pen
 as it was annoying me!

Add more black pen to the background and
 layer up on card. I added some messy ribbon 
and fibres - I like a bit of a mess!"



Materials used:


Lovely bright start to the week
Helen, thank you very much.


Just when you think you have all
the layering stencils you will ever
need; somebody uses one you haven't
got!   Always the way

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx







2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Really has a ceramic effect. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning idea for a background for the fossil fish. Those fossil fish are in my top ten favourite stamps and I love seeing them used in new ways. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.