Thursday 30 July 2015

Diamonds - Dawn Heald



Hellooooo,

It's a new week here on The Craft Barn Blog and time
for a new project.  what is it to be this week....
well we gave the DT one word - Diamonds
and this is what they came up with.....

Today we are starting with Dawn

Dawn says -

Hi there, when given the topic of diamonds I knew 
straight away I was going to use my favourite stencil.
 Having a diamonds shape stencil is so useful, it goes 
with any theme, vintage, modern, it always works. 
The sparkle aspect of diamonds comes from
 the sparkle gels. Any of the Imagination Crafts stamps are
 great for cutting into.
To make my project I recycled a piece of corrugated
 card board and made a wall hanging.


Here's what I did..... 



Cut the board to size, I tore off some parts of the top
 layers and glued some torn book page pieces on to
 the board. I then painted it
 with a range of PaperArtsy paints in yellows, oranges
 and browns, using the translucent paints made a
difference to the finished effect.
When dry I've used Bronze and then Pastel Yellow
 Sparkle Medium through the Diamonds stencil
 onto areas of the painted board.


Whilst this was drying I stamped, coloured and cut
 out three sets of flowers. Snipped into the
 flowers and shaped them.


I added glossy accents to the flower centres and sprinkled the 
fine beads over.

Top Tip - Don't knock the tube over onto your carpet.
 Guess who did?
(Jane says.....yup I have done that too haha!!)


To match the blue beads I created some diamond shape 
 embellishments. Using chipboard,  die cut the Tim Holtz
 Frameworks Die and the diamond bits that pop out are
 what I used. Painted with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Paint,
 sprinkled with same beads as above and added glossy
 accents over the top.


Attach an eyelet at the top corners of board and thread with
 ribbon to make a hanger.

Glue your flowers and blue diamonds to the board. 
Job done.


Glue your flowers and blue diamonds to the board. 

Job done.




Hope you like this and see you again soon. X

Well what a beautiful project, thank you Dawn,
if you want to have a go, this is what you'll need -

Products used -


From stash - Book pages, Corrugated cardboard

Ok, that's me done for today, 
I'll be back tomorrow with a project from Rachel.

See you then,

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunning! Love the background and the flowers are wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project, very beautiful!!! Thanks for the details :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.