Welcome to the weekend......
Hope you've all got some nice things planned!
So, today is our last Homespun Wreath project and
Neil is here to show you what he has made....
Neil says -
I began by painting the wreath with white crackle paint and
allowed to dry (though in retrospect I would recommend
that you paint it with gesso first as the crackle had a tendency
to shed a bit so I ended up painting it with Matte Faux Finish
Medium to prevent more shedding!)
Next stage was to paint the wreath with Burnt Sienna Fluid
Acrylic and wiping it back to highlight some of the crackle.
Then, when dry I added some Cobalt Teal Hue and Titan Buff
Fluid Acrylic and rubbed it back to blend and reveal
the colour below.
For the next stage I tied a ribbon to hang it from and then I
took a load of the Tim Holtz Thinlits Tiny Tattered Florals that
I had die cut from Distress Cardstock. These were attached to
the wreath with a glue gun.
I then took a heart that had been cut from the Primitive Heart
Die set from Sizzix. I used Tim Holtz Clockwork stencil and
modeling paste to add texture and painted it with the Cobalt
and Titan Buff before adding it to the wreath with the glue gun.
Thank you Neil, so pretty.
I really love those little flowers too.
Doesn't matter how many flower dies I have, I
always want more!
If you want to have a go, this is what you need -
So that's the projects for another week,
I'll be back tomorrow with another Challenge so if
you haven't already entered you better get cracking!!