Saturday 18 July 2015

Homespun Wreath - Neil Walker



Helloooo,

Welcome to the weekend......
Hope you've all got some nice things planned!

So, today is our last Homespun Wreath project and
Neil is here to show you what he has made....


Neil says -
I began by painting the wreath with white crackle paint and
 allowed to dry (though in retrospect I would recommend
 that you paint it with gesso first as the crackle had a tendency
 to shed a bit so I ended up painting it with Matte Faux Finish
 Medium to prevent more shedding!) 


Next stage was to paint the wreath with Burnt Sienna Fluid 
Acrylic and wiping it back to highlight some of the crackle.


Then, when dry I added some Cobalt Teal Hue and Titan Buff
 Fluid Acrylic and rubbed it back to blend and reveal
 the colour below.


For the next stage I tied a ribbon to hang it from and then I 
took a load of the Tim Holtz Thinlits Tiny Tattered Florals that
 I had die cut from Distress Cardstock. These were attached to
 the wreath with a glue gun.


I then took a heart that had been cut from the Primitive Heart
 Die set from Sizzix. I used Tim Holtz Clockwork stencil and 
modeling paste to add texture and painted it with the Cobalt
 and Titan Buff before adding it to the wreath with the glue gun.



Thank you Neil, so pretty.
I really love those little flowers too.
Doesn't matter how many flower dies I have, I 
always want more! 

If you want to have a go, this is what you need -



So that's the projects for another week,
I'll be back tomorrow with another Challenge so if
you haven't already entered you better get cracking!!

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Unusual wreath! Love the made up Tattered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Stunning. Totally up my strasse with all the mixed media effects & results. Keeping all the embellies in just one part is so cool, the primitive heart is fab! Neil always leaves me envious (in a good way)....

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.