Wednesday 20 February 2013

At the movies - Gio

Hi, 
Another amazing altered project by Gio today. What a cool way to record/display your favourite movies! 
Love the idea. 
What are your favourite movies? give me your top 3 in a comment below :-)

In the meantime, here's how Gio made her little movie box



For the box: I sanded the tin box a little. I painted the lid with a mix of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup and Snowflake. I covered the box sides using the Vintaj Patina kit: Rusted Hardware spreading the paint with a sponge. I cut an old book page to size, I covered it with a mix of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup and Snowflake. I lightly stamped using the Hot Picks 1007 plate and Ranger Archival Ink pad: Coffee. I stamped the text using Cart-Us clear stamp: Paint alphabet 3 and Jet Black Archival Ink pad. I attached a piece of Tim Holtz embellishments: Filmstrip Ribbon with a staple. I glued to the lid. I added some metal embellishments.


For the accordion: I cut a film strip from the Crafty Individuals sheet - Film Strip A4 and I cut out with an exacto knife the images inside the little frames. I printed images from my favourite movies and cut to size. I glued together some old book pages to form a long strip, I covered it with a mix of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup and Snowflake. I lightly stamped using the Hot Picks 1007 plate and Ranger Archival Ink pad: Coffee. I adhered a long piece of Tim Holtz embellishments: Filmstrip Ribbon. I made a sandwich with the film strip, the movie images and the back.

PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup, Snowflake
Cart-Us clear stamp: Paint alphabet 3
Tim Holtz embellishments: Filmstrip Ribbon 
Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet BlackCoffee
Vintaj Patina kit: Rusted Hardware
Crafty Individuals images - Film Strip A4


See you tomorrow





4 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous I love it!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Gio! this is exquisite. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so dang cool. My top three movies, well I was a teen in the 80's and I think those are about the best movies ever.
    1.The Breakfast Club
    2.Say Anything
    3.Hiding Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, very clever ideas Gio and beautiful tiny box !! Coco x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.