Thursday 21 February 2013

At the movies week - Neil

Hello, 
Another Art Journal page. It seems that this theme has been an inspiration for art journalers :-)
Neil too, shares his favourite movies in a different way that Gio did, Avatar being his number one favourite. 


 I've been meaning to do a movie page in my journal for a while now so this week was the perfect week to actually get it done. I love movies, and have quite a large collection it has to be said. I am quite happy to watch them over again especially my favourites. This page is inspired by my number one film
Avatar. I love it both for the story and the exquisite scenery.


 I used my Dylusions journal for this page. The background was made by crumpling tissue to the page and over painting in blues, greens and white Americana paint. Some Inka gold made it's way onto the page too to highlight the texture.
I coloured the letters with Peacock Feathers Distress Stain and spritzed Perfect Pearl mist over them to add shine before edging with Black Soot Distress ink. I stamped the image from Doodle Parts across the top and bottom of the page, coloured them with inks to make them stand out a bit too.
I attached a filmstrip ribbon across the page and glued the letters down with Multi medium.

One of my favourite elements in the movie is the night time shimmer so to echo that I used Liquid Pearls around areas of the stamping and on the letters too.

 I used the ticket die from Sizzix to list my favourites and I stamped each ticket with a label from Tim Holtz's Apothecary set
I also added my favourite TV sets on the other side..

Materials
Stamps: Dylusions Doodle Parts and Tim Holtz Apothecary
Americana Acrylic paints: Blue, green and white
Inka gold - Lava Green
Dylusions inks - blue, turquoise, green and orange
Perfect Pearl mist - Perfect Pearl
Distress Stain - Peacock Feathers
Distress ink - Black soot

See you tomorrow



8 comments:

  1. I've not seen the film, only clips here and there, but this is a great page to celebrate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic film and a fantastic layout Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the film too, as you say beautiful story and amazing scenery and effects, your layout is lovely too really evokes the feeling of the film, brilliant as always Sioux P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great couple of pages, look even better in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout and I totally agree, Avatar is a brilliant film! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pages for a fabulous film great effects which you have captured in these pages.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make a great ad for the film! I haven't seen it just the ads for it and this hits it exactly! Well done, Neil. What no Honeymooners or I Love Lucy on the TV faves?! wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've made the background and everything is perfect for the subject x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.