Wednesday 6 February 2013

Oriental week - Gio

Ciao a tutti  :o)

Gio is with us today with a lovely altered project using a slide mailer/holder. Love all the details on there.. the beads, the lace, the metal embellishments..
What do you think? Let us know in a comment below.

I covered the slide mailer with gesso, then I painted it with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup, Snowflake and Claret. I stamped using some images from Hobby Art Clear Stamps: Oriental and Jet Black Archival Ink pad. I glued some paper and lace leftovers to the slide mailer and then I covered them with the same acrylic paints.
I stamped the lady and the tree using the same plate and Jet Black StazOn on two microscope glass slides and I coloured them lightly with some alcohol inks. I added a metallic charm along with glass beads.
I stamped the sentiment from the same plate on a piece of gessoed dictionary page and I adhered it to the niche of the slide mailer.





Materials
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup, Snowflake, Claret
Tim Holtz Alterations: Decorative Strip Die - Washer border
Glass bead mix: Think pink, Lollipop, Marine

See you tomorrow



8 comments:

  1. Love the paint background and those elegant ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! is almost perfect, but it is so lovely cannot find the right words. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done love it. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Never thought about using a slidemaler as a wallhanger. Great inspiration (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, but what is a slide mail holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! thank you for sharing details. I love the little geishas very much, beautiful metal embellishments, and so so pretty bead work. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.