Friday 8 February 2013

Oriental week - Isa'sArt


Hi,
Another beautiful tag with Isa who is showing you a background technique with tissue paper . This works particularly well with those Artemio branches which magically look like trees on Isa's tag.  
Let us know what you think in a comment below. 


I first cut a tag which I covered with gesso.

I cut a piece of tissue paper about twice the size of my tag and stamped the branches with Versafine black ink.
I covered  my tag with glue, pressed (and wrinkled) by stamped tissue on it and added more glue on top, pressing on the folds. 
To get a better finish, I don't cut the extra tissue but use a sanding block instead. 
I pressed the Distress ink pad on the tag and spread the ink with my finger. Make sure you dry it well with the ink tool. 
I used the black Copic marker to outline the tag.


 For the faux-jar, I cut a circle with a Spellbinder die, cut the top off , inked everything up and glued the cut part down again


Add the fabric flowers (Isa explained on her blog how to make them yesterday) and the Chinese coins and you have a beautiful tag.



Material

Tim Holtz Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Autumn Gatherings
Versafine ink: Black, Sepia, Red, Gray
Distress ink pads: Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Fired Brick
Stamps: Artemio clear stamps: Branches


In a nod to Chinese New Year,  this week we introducing "red envelopes".  
The envelopes contain vouchers for either £10, £15 or £20.  
One envelope will be placed in a randomly selected order for each day of the offer. 
For a chance of receiving one of the envelopes all you have to do is place an order for at least £25 of products on line between 8th and 11th Feb inclusive
If you are the lucky one you will find the envelope in your parcel



See you tomorrow




4 comments:

  1. Well love it, so beautiful.... Had to tell you again:):)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tag is beautiful! I love the tissue paper effect and the purse is a very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!!!!!! this is soooo beautiful! I love your technique, and will try this soon. Such a wonderful tag you made, I love the oriental style, and the pretty flowers. Fabulous. thankyou. Hugs from Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag love the tissue technique too!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.