Thursday 14 February 2013

Carnival week - Neil

Hello, 
A different twist today.. .Neil has taken a "side road" LOL... no carnival.. no party but circus... 
Neil used the Katzelkraft Circus plates and Shrink plastic to create a little circus 3D display in a matchbox. Gorgeous and clever. What do you think?







Funnily enough, I've never actually been to a circus. I know, I think I must be one of the few. Today just for fun I decided to make my own.
I started off by stamping images onto white shrink plastic using StazOn





Then, I cut them out and shrank them


I used a matchbox as the base, coloured with Dylusions inks and stamped with images from the same sets. I cut a doorway and glued it to the base. I used small brads to create doorknobs and some thread to create a closure.


Inside I attached some of the tiny images using glue and 3d foam tape to raise them up.

I added a piece of acetate to the top and added the juggler with his balls (Very fiddly to shrink!) and a trio of Flying horses too. These were coloured with Distress Markers. I also added a couple of decorative side pieces to the box as well as the cat guarding the entrance.


So there you have it; my tiny personal circus, just for fun.


Materials
Katzelkraft stamps cirque 1 and 2
StazOn - Jet Black
Archival ink - Cobalt


See you tomorrow


11 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.