Tuesday 19 February 2013

At the movies - Karen

Hi, 
Remember Black Beauty? That gorgeous black horse?
This was the inspiration for Karen's Art Journal page today. She used the Dreamweaver stencil (well part of it, which is very clever) to achieve this. 
I also love how she added the circles with the Tando Creative mask for the sky.
What do you think? 




I have chosen to use Black Beauty as my theme. Its such a wonderful story. The background has been coloured with Distress Inks in Weathered Wood, Peeled Paint & Scattered Straw. I tore some paper to resemble hills and used that as a mask at the bottom. Then I used the Tando Creative Random Circles mask to represent the 'sky'. For the horse I used a Dreamweaver Stencil & added Modelling Paste. When dry I coloured the front horse black with a pen and cut out. I glued this to my page to look like he is galloping over the grass. The quote has been computer generated and comes from the book the film is made from. Lots of doodling in the form of a film strip using a black fine liner.

Material
Distress inks - Scattered Straw, Weathered Wood, Peeled Paint


See you tomorrow


5 comments:

  1. Stencils and masks make a fine background for your black beauty and your tangled film strip border sets it all off very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the mask. BB looks like he's really enjoying the run

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the mask, gives lovely dimentions to your background. Wonderful colors too. nice use of the film strips. I remember Black beauty, loved that movie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page Karen just how I remember Black Beauty...in my head as in my book the pictures were black and white; The Movie made me cry!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    This is wonderful, love the movie. Just reminded me I have that stencil.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.