Saturday 18 August 2012

Simply Artemio Saturday

Hello, 
We are already on our final day for our Artemio week. I do hope you enjoyed all the samples and inspiration. 
Today, for our Clean & Simple day, Gay made a lovely little frame as well as a really cute card that would make a lot of people smile I'm sure. 

I didn't have the right colour brown in the Fresco Finish paints that I wanted so I mixed Cinnamon and Little Black dress and covered the whole frame. The little bird was painted in Haystack and I stamped the flowers and embossed with gold embosing powder. The bird is raised on 2 deep sticky pads and is sitting quite high away from the back of the frame, it looks like it's actually floating. To cover the frame, I cut Graphic 45 paper to shape and distressed with Distress inks.

I used 
Tando Little bird from the Mini Birds and Branches
Artemio stamps Hedgerow plants (on his wings and throat)
Fresco Finish paints: Little Black Dress, Haystack and Cinnamon.
Frant-age Aged Gold embossing powder

****

 This little bug crawling up the stem got me thinking about what his 'behind the scenes' might be like and this card was born. You never know what goes on in a bugs life!!! 
The first hedgrow plant was stamped on the front of my card, I then I stamped it again but on the folded card and matched it up to make sure it would sit well. I painted the little bug in bright green and blue then added some Diamond glaze over to highlight his shiny wing cases.. The inside was stamped and painted with Dylusions inks and finally adhered to the front of the card.

For the card, Gay used:
Artemio Hedgerow plants
Crafty secrets Bugs Life
Judikins Micro Glaze to protect the paints.

Our special offer this week: 10% off ARTEMIO stamps
Just type ARTEMIO10
in the offer code box as you go through checkout





4 comments:

  1. Fantastic work. The folded card on it is fabulous and the stamps are so beautiful and cute.
    Love it.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! The box is so elegant and the colours are fantastic! The bird is so beautifully stamped! I don't know how you come up wih such inspiration! Simply LOVE that bug! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdie frame

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.