Friday 4 January 2013

Canvas week: Neil

Hello, 
Another scrapbooking project today, with Neil who used a 12x12 canvas board for a stunning, textured layout. That's an advantage of the "out of the album" layouts, you can add more embellishments and texture and it looks beautiful on the wall. Those 12x12 canvas boards are perfect for that kind of project.
Hope you like it too. 

I used a 12 x 12 canvas board to create this "off the page" layout for my daughter.
The photo was printed on sticky back canvas to add texture too.


To make the base more interesting I layered up embossed card, die cut washer strip die and a die cut "wish" and added to the canvas along with some flowers, and other bits before covering everything with various layers of acrylic paints, mica sprays and Inka Gold. Additional interest was created by using a circle mask with the paint.

There are a couple of butterflies too! Once I'd placed the photo I started adding die cut cogs that had texture added using UTEE and stamping into it. 
The photo is of my daughter and her boyfriend all ready to go to a steampunk evening so I thought all the cogs etc fitted well.
Materials
Cosmic Shimmer misters - Peacock and Scarlet
Stamps - Tim Holtz - Ultimate grunge and Paperartsy - LPC011

--------------

I also have Karen's gorgeous canvas, which weirdly enough should have appeared on the blog yesterday...
oh well, here it is now

I covered both canvases with Acrylic paints, dabbing the different colours on till I was happy with the result. On the larger one I stamped rows of a flourish from PaperArtsy and silver embossed them. Then I rubbed Perfect Medium round the smaller canvas & silver embossed that.
I stamped the flowers onto white card, coloured with Inktense pencils then clear embossed the whole image. These and the small canvas were then attached to the large canvas. The butterflies have been cut out of Crafty Individuals patterned paper & glued on. The saying is PC generated.


Material used:
Eco Green Acrylic paint - lake,periwinkle & peony
PaperArtsy Hotpick HP1006
Crafty Individuals - background paper, book 1



OUR SPECIAL OFFER THIS WEEKEND
Now that you have had a lot of inspiration for your canvases, 
we are offering 10% off all canvases/sticky canvas
from today until Monday 7th 
Just enter the code CANVAS10 at checkout

see you tomorrow




2 comments:

  1. ooh this is fabulous! I bet your daughter loves it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both canvases. I like the way Neil printed his photo on canvas and in sepia tones. Never knew you could print on Sticky back canvas !

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.