Wednesday 9 January 2013

Vintaj week - Karen and Gio

Hello, 

I promised some jewellery earlier this week, well here it is with a beautiful pendant made by Karen as well as  earring made by Gio.
Both projects are very simple to make, so there is no excuse. Why don't you give it a try? (and show us of course ;))



Using Patina paints (Opalite, Cobalt & Ruby), I dabbed colour onto the blank heart. I found that you really need to shake the bottles well. When it was dry I gently sanded to reveal the pretty pattern underneath and was delighted that the sanded pattern came up like silver so don't be put off with it looking so dark before you paint it. ! I threaded 3 small beads onto each of the 3 jump rings and then attached those to 2cm length of chain. Another jump ring was attached to one end and the other end attached to the heart. 
I used some leather thonging that I salvaged from an old pendant!

Material
Vintaj Arte Metal - Violet Garden Heart


-*-*-*-*-*-*-



 A couple of simple earrings
I coloured the Vintaj Charms Delicate Heart with Vintaj Patina kit: Antique Window and Rusted Hardware and I hang them to an eye pin. 
I added two glass beads and I made a little loop with the plier to attach the Fish hook earwire.

Material
Vintaj Charms and embellishments: 19 x 18mm Delicate Heart
Glass bead mix: Lollipop, Amethyst
Fish hook Earwire: silver plate

See you tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful jewels that look really nice, wow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I've often looked at this range but been a bit unsure how to use them. Thank you for the inspiration. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. de tres belles idées de bijoux

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.