Friday 24 April 2015

Night and Day - Dawn Heald



Morning all,

It is day two of Night and Day and Dawn is here today to show
us what she has been up to.

She has made two beautiful cards in different colourways.
Don't they look different??
It is amazing what changing colours can do!

This is what Dawn says.....

"I've made two cards for my project this week.



 I knew straight away I wanted to use this new Celtic Dreams Die.
 There are so many ways of using this die with many techniques
 and mediums that I sent myself dizzy. So I decided to go
 simple and striking and using alcohol inks as its been a while
 since I played with them. Just a note too, these die's
 are a dream to cut. Very impressed.

So to make ....



Choose some alcohol inks and blending solution and put drops
 on the applicator and create some backgrounds.
For my day card I used; Pool, Sunshine Yellow, Citrus and Gold
 Mixative. For my night card I used; Indigo, Purple Twilight,
 Mermaid and Silver Mixative. 
Indigo and Mermaid are two new colours and are very strong. 
You don't need as much on your applicators when using with
 older colours of alcohol inks.


 Choose which backgrounds you want to use.
Next using Celtic die, cut two each from white and black card. 
Glue a white onto black and black onto white. Slightly offsetting 
them as shown in pic. Glue to your background and cut around
 the edges.


Next add details to your top die cuts. Use markers and black pen
 on the white card die cut image and Interference paints and silver
 pen on the black card die cut image. Punch some tiny flowers and 
colour to match your image details. 
                                        Glue around the branches.


Cut three squares of card going up in size for layers to go behind
 your main image. I used white card and coloured the edges with
 Pro Markers. Cheaper and easier to match with your focal point.
 You could use coloured card. I also coloured the front edges of
 the card blank and inside so it looked like another two layers of colour.
 Stick all your layers together and then onto your card blank.


 Finish by embellishing with some coloured gems".



How lovely are they??
If you want to have a go, this is what you will need -


Alcohol Inks - Pool, Sunshine Yellow, Citrus, Purple Twilight, 
Mermaid, Indigo, Gold and Silver Mixative


From stash
Silver Gel Pen

I'll be back tomorrow, see you then,

Jane x

4 comments:

  1. Think I can say the night is my favourite although they do both look lovely!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea with the shadow die-cuts. You've done well on a difficult theme, both cards are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are rather good. Like Sally, I think the night is particularly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. Love the both styles.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.