Thursday 11 January 2018

At Random


At Random


Hi Everyone!

Hope you are keeping warm!  
Dry too. 

I think I secretly love this time
of year.................coming in from
the cold, cup of soup to warm
the hands as well as the inner me,
snuggling up to the fire with a
good book or watching a boxed
set on the TV................

Let us see what Jane Castle
has for us today:

"Some of you may remember that earlier 
this year I made a start on a scrapbook 
and today I'd like to share another page of 
this with you. 

If you are new to scrapbooking today's page is 
a simple layout that could be adjusted to most 
nesting dies you might already have but if 
not the Find-It media die I have used in this 
project has so many uses that it
 is well worth investing in.



The 2, 12x12 papers I've used are by 
Bo-Bunny and Kaisercraft. 

The base sheet was cut to 27cm square 
and the narrow strip from one side was
 then attached across the centre.

Then onto the die cutting.


The larger of the 2 dies was used to cut
 the mount from top to bottom from the 
paper and the smaller on from side to side. 

I then cut another smaller mount from 
some kraft card and trimmed this to size.

The lovely door with a heart wreath on was
 torn from a piece of rice paper. I felt this 
symbolised the starting of a new home 
and life together.

After cutting the letters for the happy couple's 
names using my Memory Box Lower Parker
 Alphabet Die I stamped a few flowers onto 
the remaining Core-dinations card.


I deliberately didn't add too much ink to the
 stamp as I wanted a slightly faded look. 

These were cut out and a small envelope 
was made from some thin cream coloured card.

The edges of the mounts were distressed 
with a little ink and then everything was attached.


The tag will then have the details of 
the people in the photograhs, the date 
and place all added.

The gorgeous paper collections that are 
available now really does make putting 
together a scrapbook a joy and a great
 excuse to flick through all those 
lovely old photos."

Thank you Jane, I do agree there's
nothing quite like an old photograph
particularly when you are able to
put names to the faces and using that
torn scrap of Rice Paper is a masterstroke.
Just lifts everything from the austerity of
the times.

It is a wonderful way of preserving 
those memories too

Have you any old photos lying in a
drawer or a tin box?  I know I have
so I think I shall have to pop into the
SALE and see if there are any papers
that grab my fancy - I know there will be!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx






2 comments:

  1. Lovely page Jane! Bo Bunny and Kaisercraft papers are great for scrapbooking! I haven't done any Vintage stuff lately but I'm planning to catch up with my latest photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty page- I like the window. Hi Mickie, are you going to be announcing the last winners for the 2017 challenges and are there going to be new challenges this year?? HUgz

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.