Sunday 25 March 2018

Easter Egg



Easter Egg



Hi Everyone!


It hardly seems a moment since
Christmas and here we are about
to celebrate Easter - four days off
work, how lovely.  The first holiday
of the year and much looked 
forward to I don't doubt........

Jane Castle has brought in a
delightful card to start us off:

"The card I'm sharing with you today
 could be used for so many different occasions
 it's one worth having ready made as 
a stand-by. ( maybe more than one!)

I began by colouring a 15cm x 15cm card blank
 with paint and ink. 


Next using the Toad Hall I painted a piece of 
smooth white card.

 Once dry I brushed on some matt medium 
and added some scrumbled tissue paper. 
To make sure the tissue paper was attached 
without any air bubbles I brushed over the top
 with a little more matt medium.

When this was completely dry -- (it's easy to tell as
 it will no longer be sticky!), I made a wash with
 1 part water to 1 part Chartreuse paint 
and brushed this over. 

Being a translucent paint the darker
 colour underneath still shows through. 

Finally when this was just dry I brushed over 
some Cosmic Shimmers Mica Powder.


This is what I stamped my chickens and sentiment
 on but first I decided on the size I wanted my
 embellishments to be. 

They all measure the same 5.5cm x 4cm, 
2 landscape and 2 portrait.

 I made a paper window of the size so
 I could choose where I needed to cut after 
stamping and heat embossing.


The 4 pieces of card were then mounted onto 
some black mirri card before attaching to the card.
 A flower was added from my stash of 'ready-mades', 
to break up the greens.



I like the texture the scrumbled tissue paper 
gives and it's good fun to get a little 'inky 
and messy' now and again!

Thanks for stopping by today, 
hope you have a good week and 
enjoy your crafting X."


A really effective card Jane,
than you very much

would be fun here, as indeed
PaperArtsy.  Both sets are
half price too!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx









4 comments:

  1. Fun card! Mickie is right, the Joggles birds would look good there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card... Thank you Jane! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon this special of Easter Day, you'll be dispatched beautiful greetings within the storage space of Jesus Christ. For the Easter Day Eve, Christians will gather on the churches for the blessing of god, the daddy Jesus Christ by getting started off with his resurrection prayers.
    Happy Easter quotes
    Happy Easter Images

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.