Thursday 30 May 2013

Fashion week - Neil

Hi, 
You know what, even if I think I know them well by now, our DT members never cease to amaze me. Not only with their talent as designers, but with their creativity too. 
No exception today with Neil's interpretation of the Fashion Week when he chose to alter the Tando Creative Steampunk glasses. 


Fashion week, I've gone with accessories, what every well dressed man should never be without, suitable glasses........

I started out by assembling the steampunk goggles kit from Tando. when it had all dried I painted the whole thing in gold and silver metallic paint. Mainly gold and then the silver on a smaller section. When this was dry I used a bit of sandpaper to roughen in and then used Walnut Stain Distress Stain to "age" it and added some rivets with Rangers Black Enamel Accents.
I stamped onto the sides of the goggles too with the Tim Holtz Steampunk stamp set. You may also see that these have been "repaired" with a piece of wire, well obviously it is not cheap to replace such a fabulous pair of glasses so make do and mend as they say.
To make the strap I cut two pieces of grunge paper. coloured with stain and attached each piece to the goggles with brads. 




Of course, I won't be wearing these ALL the time, so I popped them onto that other masculine essential...


Once I had the sizing right I joined the strap with 3 brads to keep it secure.

Just to show how fashionable it is, here I am, showcasing it for you. (No smiling because that just would not be proper)

Neil used:
Gold and silver paint (Americana)
Brads

See you tomorrow






6 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.