We have another card for
you today - this time we
are by the sea wth
I seem to have gone down a very
'beachy' route recently without realising
it - must be in need of a holiday!
Anyway, it is hard to resist the lovely beach
themed stamps from Impression Obsession...
I stamped this tranquil scene using
archival ink so that the detail would remain
when using watercolours.
It is coloured with inktense pencils which
are another current favourite of mine.
The pencils work fine on their own
but adding water to them really brings them to life.
I ran the archival pad around the edge
of the card to give it a border.
I masked most of the picture and then sprayed
with colour bloom for a bit of sheen,
added more archival ink and some scribbley bits
with the inktense pencils to give the whole thing
a slightly antique look.
Next to mount it on to my background.
It is my first time playing with a cover a card stamp
so naturally there had to be a bit of experimentation
before I committed to anything too serious
Take one - inked up with brushos, spritzed with water,
with a paintbrush dragged across for good measure
Take two - inked with pale blue VersaMagic pad -
no good in this instance but I think it would
have been fine if I had chosen a darker shade of blue
Take three - using Fresco paints applied with cut n dry foam.
Take four - Using distress oxides applied to wet paper.
Plenty of options to choose from but I went
with the Frescos this time as I liked the way
the paint colours blended.
I inked it twice to cover this long thin card.
If you want a more subtle join you can avoid
inking all the way to the straight edge,
however it didn't really matter to me as
the join was going to be covered up.
I also gave the card a border using more Fresco paint
applied directly with a sponge.
I laid out a few scraps of paper from my stash which
had nice textures to them.
Using an Impression Obsession die I cut a couple
of nautical shapes and coated them in alchemy wax...
...and layered them all up together.
I added a couple more die cuts and a few
enamel accents to finish it all off.
Naturally it only seemed right to make the
card insert and envelope match as well -
partially inking the cover a card stamp
worked really well for this."
Archival ink- potting soil
Fresco paints- turquoise, antarctic, nougat
Distress oxides- faded jeans, broken china
Cut n dry foam and scraps of
textured paper from stash
Thank you Louise - loved your
experimentation with the
different colouring mediums.
A great idea to make the
insert and the envelope to match
Think I will carry on the experimentation
this evening - I am particularly impressed
with the Oxides and the Brushos!