Friday 28 July 2017

Woodn't it be Lovely?


Woodn't it be Lovely


Hi there!

Are you enjoying this
theme as much as I am?
When I first saw these
wooden embellishments
I was somewhat bemused
but I am fast becoming
a convert to their versatility

In case you haven't quite
made up your mind take
a look at Hazel Harler's canvas:



 "Hi everybody, my latest project 
is an oriental canvas using
Kaisercraft wooden flourishes 
and Color Bloom sprays.

 I used a canvas board, 
Kaisercraft wooden flourishes
 and a piece of chipboard.


 I also used Kaisercraft stencils
 and blosson stamp - 
in the end I didn't use the bamboo stencill


I stencilled some modelling paste 
on the canvas board and 
when it was dry I gave 
it a coat of gesso. 

I also gave the chipboard and
 flourishes a coat of gesso.


 To colour the canvas I scribbled
 some Gelatos over it.


Then I used a baby wipe to spread the colour.


I turned the canvas upside down 
and sprayed some sunshine Color Bloom 
and let it run down the canvas, 
then added some dragonfly blue Color Bloom.

I then sprayed some iris Colour Bloom 
on the top and let it run down the canvas.


Then I sprayed some wild raspberry Color Bloom.


I stamped the main image onto tissue paper
and on the back painted the face white,
 I also stamped the blossom onto tissue paper 
and then used matte medium to glue them 
to the canvas and chipboard. 

The wooden flourishes were painted with
 iris Color Bloom.


 I glued the wooden flourishes and
 image to the canvas and then I used 
my finger to spread some white gold
 Starlight paint over the blooms
 and edges.



 A close up showing the gold 
Starlight paint and the sequins
 that I added


The finished canvas.


Supplies:


This is a lovely canvas Hazel 
Thank you for showing it
to us

Amazing what you can do
with these wooden flourishes

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



1 comment:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.