Wednesday 16 November 2016

Snowflakes


Snowflakes


Hi There!

The theme this week is Snowflakes
shades of things to come

Clear deep blue skies contrasting the white snow
covered landscape........

On that note I shall hand you over to 

Jane:

For my project for Snowflake week I decided to have another play
 with Yupo and Alcohol inks and was pleased 
with the light effect it gives.


I started by colouring my translucent Yupo
 with various layers of Ranger Alcohol inks, 
the very last layer was the pearl mixative.


I die cut 2 different sizes of snowflake,
this one was with Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers die 
and I also punched out some small stars for the centres


The larger snowflake was cut using a Memory box die.
I also cut a couple of snowflakes out of kraft card 
and embossed the centre star shaped cut out 
of these with white embossing powder
 with some fine silver glitter added.


My card blank was then stamped with snowflakes 
using VersaMark and clear embossing powder 
on the edges and then Tumbled Glass DI 
was added with a large brush.

I had a trial lay-out of the positioning of the snowflakes
 before stamping “Let it Snow” 3 times 
in Versa-Magic Ocean Depth ink and 
then brushed with Perfect Pearls mica powder.

After the trial positioning of the snowflakes 
I decided to layer the smaller ones with 
white glitter card underneath. 
These were stuck together using 
foam pads adding extra depth.



The kraft card snowflake was given a 
little Treasure Pewter to the edges 
for an extra sparkle. 

I hope you can see the light, sparkly effect of this 
card as it was difficult to photograph.

Products Used

Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers

I don’t know about you but I get so excited when it snows
 —— I do hope we get some this winter!


Thank you Jane for a lovely project.
It would be lovely to have a White Christmas

See you all tomorrow

Mickie xx


















4 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.