Saturday 26 November 2016

Wax Paper & Acetate

Wax Paper & Acetate


Hello

Today we have gorgeous project to inspire us
for those Cards we still have to make....

Here is Hazel Harler who is Caught in Crystal:




 I haven't done this technique for a few years so 
I thought it was time to have another go.





You will need a sheet of acetate, alcohol inks, glossy accents 
and crumpled tissue paper.
Other items that can be added are glitter, micro beads, 
mica powder, gilding flakes etc

I squeezed stickles and glossy accents over the acetate



Then I dripped in some alcohol ink




I covered the inked acetate with the tissue paper and pressed it down,
 if you are wearing rubber gloves you can do this with your fingers, 
I would suggest you use a ball of kitchen towel 
if you're not wearing gloves. 




Leave to dry preferably overnight.


This is a close up after it had dried



A few sheets of different colours.




 I've made a few cards with some of my acetate.



For this card I stamped the card blank with snowflakes using Fresco metalic glaze, the wooden snowmen were covered with Treasure Pewter wax





For this card I covered some black card with inca gold Alchemy wax and used a Stampendous stamp and die for the poinsettia. The acetate had some glitter added to it.




The acetate can also be die cut, I used a Sizzix die. The card was coloured with distress ink and I layered different handmade papers at the bottom. I added gilding flakes to the acetate




I covered the Tando snowmen with Frantage embossing enamel, I added mica powder to the acetate and the snowy mesh is from my stash.

For the next two cards I stencilled Imagination Crafts sparkle medium using Dreamweaver stencills. The sentiments on most of the cards are remnent rubs







I hope you can give this technique a try as you can get some beautiful results.

Items used:


Hazel this technique is awesome and the cards are beautiful.  
Thank you for sharing this with us

Mickie xx


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful results Hazel! A good stack of Christmas cards prepared too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique Hazel, the snowman card is stunning X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful results with this technique Hazel! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love then technique! Gorgeous cards Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That technique may be an old one but always looks great and I love the way you used it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I need to try this technique again! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.