Monday 8 April 2013

Circle week - Neil

Hi,
This week was Neil's suggestion when we were planning the blog posts. He suggested a "shape week", and I think circle is one that everyone like no matter what the project is. 
The DT has created beautiful and very different projects this week again. Hope you enjoy it.

So let's start with Neil today and a beautiful altered tin which is one of our Scrapbook in a tin product.


For circle week I've chosen to use the Woodware scrapbook in a tin. I like these as they are inexpensive and I use them as quick little gifts, even a special card too on occasion. 
I covered the tin with Alcohol inks which is quick and easy. For the centre I took a chipboard circle coloured with inks and began to add clear UTEE. I added two layers and stamped into the second layer with the IndigoBlu bubbles stamp while still warm and left it to cool. 
When it was cool I used Treasure Gold paint to highlight and then added a last layer of UTEE. 
Isn't it cool? I love the effect it gave.

 Looks a bit like a mmonscape to me.


 For the inside pages I took a selection of Tando chipboard circles and laid them onto the pages to create a mask and then sprayed with Dylusions ink.


 I added further layers with masks, water and inks. 
I then took a baby wipe and rubbed over everything, this transfers colour into the masked circle areas, keeping it lighter than the other areas but it adds colour in the same tones.


 I used the Bubbles stamp randomly over the pages and added the sentiment to the front .
Later I will add photos from a beach trip, using the circles as templates and placement. Then it can be further embellished with bits and bobs.

Materials
Alcohol Inks - Red Pepper, Stream and Expresso
Dylusions inks - London Blue and Postbox Red
IndigoBlu stamps: Bubbles Background and Butterfly Kisses, Nautical



See you tomorrow

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Neil, I've missed seeing the team projects, looking forward to seeing more x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great altered tin. I love the bubble stamping over the circles and I've often wondered what to use to alter a tin .... alcohol ink .... must try that sometime. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this tin and the images used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always great, love the colours and the stamping is very different. Inspiration abounds. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.