Friday 19 April 2013

Small scale creativity - Neil

Hello, 
Altered bottle cap is what Neil has made for you today and turned it into a fridge magnet. Although he says that this was a challenge for him, I think he did amazing as I really love his sample. What do you think? 
He used one of the Bottle Cap embellishments as well as one of the latest Prima stamps.





I made a magnet using a bottle cap. 
Working small is always a challenge for me; I've never been that great at the "Less is More" but when space is tight you really have to keep it simple.




I coloured the cap with alcohol ink to give it some colour. I used a pokey tool to punch a hole in the cap and attached a jump ring to it.
I used the cameo from the new Prima stamp and stamped it onto clear shrink plastic in black stazon and heated. I love how tiny it is! I popped it into the cap and flooded it with glossy accents.

I'd made some flowers a while ago using Tim's Tattered garland strip die, and there were a couple of tiny ones spare so I added them to the cap while the glaze was still wet so I could move the elements around to get the position right.
I left it overnight to dry and then added lace around the edge to soften it, used a dab of liquid pearls to the flower centres and stuck a magnet to the back (Though I think it would also make a pretty brooch too?)
Lastly I added a chain tassel to the jump ring for interest.




Materials
Double sided tape - 3mm

Special offer for this weekend is 10% of Shrink Plastic
Just enter SHRINK10 at checkout

See you tomorrow



5 comments:

  1. I love this what a fab idea, love the tassel addition too trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Neil, fabulous mini art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love bottle top art gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neil
    I love this little piece of art and would wear it on a necklace it is that pretty.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.