Monday 22 April 2013

Take Flight week - Neil

Hi, 
Something a bit different this week, and I promise you will see all sorts of interpretations to this week's theme. From today's sample to the Simply Saturday one, our DT and guest designers have come up with beautiful art once again.
Well, let's kick off the week with Neil and this amazing altered balloon. Love, love love it and can't wait to hear what you have to say. 
Please let us know in a comment below

I started out by covering a ball with strips of sticky back canvas to create the balloon. I added a couple of extra "patches" and stapled them too. This was then covered with Distress stain (Walnut stain and Forest Moss) and some Perfect Pearl to help add a bit of shimmer and blend the stains.
I was going to make a box then remembered I had this box from a configurations spare so used that instead. I punched holes with the Crop-a-Dile and attached the wire. I coloured the inside with Distress Stains and painted the outer edges black before adding the "aged metal".
 They were made from embossed silver mirri card and black acrylic paint wiped off.
I made holes for the wire in the balloon and when they were in place I ran some double sided tape around. I cut some lace and coloured with silver and gold Distress stains, added some Black Soot Distress ink and attached it to the tape.
The top is a light bulb  I used lollipop sticks for propellers  again coloured in gold and silver Distress stains and Black Soot Distress ink. I attached them with glue dots and wire.I used wire to make a hanging loop and glued the top in place.
A little watch charm was added to finish. And now I need some volunteers to take it for a flight.............





Materials
Ball, lightbulb, lollipop sticks
Distress Stains - Forest Moss, Walnut Stain, Pewter and Tarnished Brass
Embossing folder - Clock Faces, Tim Holtz
Distress ink pad - Black Soot


See you tomorrow



2 comments:

  1. I think a birdie volunteer might work out quite nicely....they can fly to safety if by chance there is a mechanical failure. This is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the kind of project I would undertake... but this is not a craft project it's a unique art piece. Love the inventiveness and the quirkiness !

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.