Friday 5 April 2013

Upcycle week: Gio

Hi, 
Last but not least this week, our upcycling queen Gio has done wonders again with a couple of samples. 


For the first one, she started from a bottle of liquid soap .....

and ending up with ... this

Turning the bottle cap it changes the image under the skirt

I cut out the front and back panel from an empty plastic bottle soap. I coloured it with Ranger Alcohol inks using a dry baby wipe to spread the ink. I stamped randomly using a script stamp from PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 003 plate.
I cut from a piece of cream cardstock two ovals to fit the opening of the bottle, and I painted them using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup and Butternut. I stamped the chosen image on a piece of Specialty Stamping Paper using PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 003, and I coloured them with several Distress Inks using a zig waterbrush.
I glued them to the two ovals and I joined them along the sides,leaving a small opening on the upper side.




 I stamped on a piece of Specialty Stamping Paper the woman image from the PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 007 and I coloured it with several Distress Inks and a zig waterbrush. I cut it out, and I cut a circle out of the skirt, to match the bottle cap.
I coloured a square of white muslin using several stencils and Cosmic Shimmer Misters and Dylusions ink sprays.
I tore the fabric in strips and I adhered them with staples to a piece of cardstock to create the skirt.

-----
Then
she made a little card to match, upcycling a mini-leaflet from a restaurant.

Before :

I covered it with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Butternut PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Pumpkin soup.
When dry, I stamped the background randomly using PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 003 and Black Jet Archival ink.
I stencilled it using some sequin waste and Distress Ink pad: Aged mahogany. I stamped the main image on a piece of Specialty Stamping Paper using the same plate. I adhered the image to the card along with some rhinestones

After:

Materials

Zig BrusH2O Waterbrush: Detailer
Specialty Stamping Paper
The Crafters Workshop template - Chickenwire reversed, Circle explosion, Harlequin
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Butternut, Pumpkin soup


Also as part of our Grand Opening celebration following our move,
from 6pm on Friday (5th April) to 6pm on Monday (8th April) 
we have
free P&P on all UK orders 
(for customers outside the UK shipping is free for orders over £30)


See you tomorrow


6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow gorgeous projects I just love the bottle lady!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..stunning projects... Your bottle lady is so unque and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - there is a great work - absolutely terrific - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative ! Gio never disappoints...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work Gio :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... I just love Gio's boundless imagination - so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.