Monday 15 April 2013

Small scale creativiy - Gio

hi, 
Honey, I shrunk the samples!
Yup, this week, we are downsizing big time. The DT has been working on really small samples, hence the title for this week: Small Scale Creativity.
I have been wowed with the DT's samples once again, and I hope you will like them too. 

We start with Gio and a lovely mini teeny album she made with the Crafty Individuals cupcake stamps and Grungepaper. Isn't it adorable?  


I stamped the cupcakes several times using CI-374 - Hello cupcakes on a piece of Ranger Grunge Paper. I cut them out. I painted them using several shade of Fresco Finish paints. Once dry. I cut some pictures to size  and I glued to the little cupcakes. 
For the cover : I stamped the cupcake using CI-374 - Hello cupcakes on a piece of Ranger Specialty Paper, I coloured it with Distress inks, then I covered some areas with several colours of glitter.
For the embellishments: I stamped once the cupcake on a piece of White Shrink Plastic. I coloured it with Distress Inks, cut it out and shrank it with the heat gun. 
I added some glass beads to two metallic head pins. I made a hole through all the cupcakes and I slipped a piece of chain to which I linked the embellishments.


For the cupcakes stand: I printed the template, I adhered to a piece of grunge paper and I cut it out. I covered every piece with Gesso, then I painted using Fresco Finish paints Nougat and Beach Hut. I stamped it using Artemio clear stamps: Paisley and Black Jet Archival ink. 
I added some orange glitter all along the borders. 
I assembled with glue.







See you tomorrow



8 comments:

  1. Hi Gio, I love this!It's sooo cute!!!!! Where did you get the download for the cake stand? many thank, lots of love and fluffiness, Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, teeny tiny arty scrumptiousness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Sharon, and thanks for your kind words!!

    You can find the template here:
    http://a-craftaday.blogspot.it/2011/01/diy-single-cupcake-stand.html

    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable ?? Oh YES, IT IS !!......
    And thank you Gio for the link to download the template of your support which is just the icing on the cake Lol !!! :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stuff, absolutely fabulous. x the stand is great too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Gio - what an extraordinary make - you are amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.