Saturday 27 April 2013

Simply Saturday takes flight with Viv and Gay

Hi, 
Simply Saturday takes flight... which is kinda true as after next week, you will have a new theme for Saturdays. Don't worry, we will make sure we have Clean and Simple samples on a regular basis, if not weekly, but we have thought of something a little bit different, which we hope you like... 
In the meantime, Viv and Gay have made some beautiful C&S sample.
I loved Viv sample as soon as I saw it. Plane and pink is not something you often associate but she succeeded beautifully, don't you think?
Unfortunately, we have sold out of the plane stamp she used, but I have given you an alternative below.
This is Viv's last post. I would like to thank her for the beautiful work she shared with us the last 4 weeks. Keep on checking her blog, she is a truly talented lady.


I first cut a  white textured card base (13cm x 15cm) and used it tent fold. Then I cut another piece of white card (12cm x 13cm) and cut a border from the bottom. 
I sponged the spare piece of card  around the edges to give it  more of an antique look.
I shaded the border piece in pink then  in a brown shade to match the main card. 
I cut a circle then  sponged it  in pink then in a brown shades around the edges to give it a distressed look. 
I stamped the plane then coloured and shaded it. 
I printed a sentiment and used a corner rounder on the edges then gave it a distressed  look also. 
I used small 3d pads to stick the spare piece of card to the base card to give it a bit more dimension. 
I stuck the border down using some spray adhesive as it was less fiddly than using glue ( handy tip) .I stuck the circle to the spare card using  3d pads to raise it up a bit. I did the same with  the plane image.
After adding the sentiment I added a few birds for extra interest, using a black permanent pen, that completed my card.




Materials

plane stamp alternative: Warehouse District

Nestabilities  Parisian accents ( used for border), Plain round circle, used for sun.

Inks: Memento Angel Pink, Distress ink ( Antique Linen & Frayed Burlap.)

Promarkers Lipstick Red & Cocktail Pink ( used on plane image).

Sentiment computer generated

Birds hand- drawn Permanent pen black

3d pads


---------

After the very pink Take Flight version, here's Gay's gorgeous sample, masculine this time. You get the best of both world today, aren't you lucky? 




My card is stamped on the coloured base, after I sponged Distress Inks in green and blue. The aperture I cut out after I used one of the tags for a template. 
I thought the name fitted with the theme of up in the air!



I really dislike sending these lovely heavy tags to be recycled especially when they have heavy cord tying them together. I painted them with Fresco Fisnish paints and stamped with StazOn, good to go for a gift tag.


Materials Gay used:


Our special offer this weekend: Spend and save
Every order of £25 or more placed between 6pm on 25th April and 
6pm on 28th April will receive a voucher in their parcel 
worth £5 off their next shop with us.  
Vouchers are valid for one month

See you tomorrow





2 comments:

  1. Really those altered tags - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects have saved my tags for ages must get them out and alter them lol!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.