Friday 20 November 2015

Anything Goes - Dawn Heald




Hellooooo,

Here we are again, this is the last week of
looking back at some older projects, the DT
will be back with us again next week
with some new ideas for you!

This was such an amazing project
by Dawn that I thought it should definitely
be aired again!  It would be a lovely gift 
too.
Dawn says -

"This week I've used an 8 x 8 canvas board to make an underwater scene. I knew the look I 
wanted to achieve and remembered my Brusho
 experiments. The Brusho Thickener along with
 Brusho colours and
 some cling film made this project as I envisioned it.
 The Fish Stamps are fabulous 
(my two are courting young love) and
 can be used in different ways other than
 doodling inside the shapes. I'll be using
 them again soon as I really like them. So onto how 
I made this project".



Apply Grunge Paste through the Bay Leaf stencil along the bottom and random circles above with Sequin
 Waste Stencil. Leave to dry as it's quick.


Position stencil back over same place as before and using
 Guacamole Fresco paint and paint brush, I painted over the
 Bay leaves Grunge Paste. Use a sponge and more
 green Fresco Finish paints to build up the layers. Then I 
painted on Decoart MixedMedia Satin finish


Next I coloured my background. First using blue
 and white Brusho
 and water, I painted all over and laid cling film
 or plastic wrap over
 the whole canvas, squished it around and left to dry.
 I chose four blue colours of Brusho and mixed
 each into a pool of Brusho Thickener. 
With a large flat brush I dabbed on the colours covering 
the entire canvas, laid over another piece of cling film,
 pressed it around to blend colours and move
 air pockets around. Then I left this to dry.


  As I'd used a thick layer of Brusho Thickener this took 24
 hours to dry.  I peeled off the cling film and it
 was still damp, so I
 used this to carefully wipe off the colours on parts of the 
stencilling then left it to completely air dry. I dotted on some 
Stickles Glitter Glue in Eucalyptus and Star Dust.


Whilst this was drying I stamped the two Fish and
 doodled some
 Zentangle patterns within the shapes. I coloured 
with Pro Markers
 and added some detail with white gel pen. I then 
cut them out. 


I drew some wavy sea plants, doodled and
 coloured with Faber Castell crafters crayons. Gently 
shape the 
pieces by curving them in your hand. I added
 some bling to the Fish
 by colouring clear gems with Pro Markers and 
gluing on the Fish.
I glued my pieces onto the canvas with glue gel. Add some
 coloured gems as treasure at the bottom of the sea.





Well, isn't that just lovely?

If you want to have a go, this is what Dawn used -




From own stash
Gems, cling film/plastic wrap


See you tomorrow with another project,

Jane x

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning! So much gorgeous colour and texture - wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS,GORGEOUS,GORGEOUS!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS, love love this too, thanks for the tutorial and gorgeous sample Dawn
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.