Friday 6 November 2015

Anything Goes.....Dawn Heald


Hi folks,


As we approach the end of the year,
I have given the DT a bit of time 
to recharge their batteries!
I don't know how they manage to
come up with so many wonderful
projects week after week!
So I've asked them to pick a few
projects that they particularly
liked making for you.....

Here is what Dawn said -

"My altered Paper mache shoe. I wanted
 to make a shoe fit for
 my young daughter, Katie. She claimed
 the shoe as soon as
 it arrived. I also wanted to do something 
different and something with no flowers. 
So here's my Butterfly Katie Shoe.


Cover shoe with Dreamweaver Pearlescent 
Embossing paste. For parts
 that need a lot of filling where surface
 is uneven, use white
 tissue paper over it, then blend in with
 more paste. I started with
 a plastic spatula then moved onto using 
my fingers to smooth out.
 It takes a bit of time but worth the effort.
 I did it in stages and 
did two layers. A tip, if paste is starting to 
dry to get a really smooth
 finish use a wet finger. I used a brush
 for the inside.


When dry, die cut swirls from double sided
 adhesive sheet. Stick around
 the shoe. Peel top protective layer off
 and cover with Distress Glitter.


 Press and lightly rub into sticky 
as the particles
 are larger. Brush excess off with a dry
 soft brush. Then use
 a clear iridescent glitter and sprinkle over.
 This catches any tiny
 patches of sticky left un-glittered. Sweep 
over dry brush again to
 clean shoe of excess glitter.


Next decorate shoe with clear gems as shown.
 Then cover with gloss varnish and let dry.


Stamp and emboss in silver the main butterfly
 stamp once and the
 small butterfly four times.
Paint butterflies with Turquoise and Magenta
 Mixed Media Misters and water. 


Cut out.


 Add to shoe as shown, along with ribbons.
 Then add some more gems and pearls
 coloured with Duck Egg Pro Marker.


The front bow is plain ribbon coloured
 with Promarkers and the
 centre embellishment was made from a 
plain ring from a children's
 magazine a long time ago.



Well I think that is every little girls 
dream.....so pretty!
If you would like to have a go, here
 is what Dawn used...


Paper Mache Shoe



From own stash -
Pearl string 
Butterfly Stamp
Sizzix strip die - Curls

Thanks Dawn, a lovely project!

Ok, I'll see you tomorrow.

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.