Friday 13 January 2017

Bokeh


Bokeh


Hallo Everyone!

Hope you are all well and
seasonal bug free................

everywhere I go it seems
that everyone is coughing and
sneezing.................might have
to consider living in quarantine
for the time being ............

Today's Bokeh project is from
Craftyfield, who has a different
take on the technique:

" I started by applying Distress inks to my Kraft tag. 
Some of the lighter colours do not show much at this stage 
but will be revealed in the next stage...



To create the Bokeh effect I have designed my own stencil, 
of course you can use one of the many circles designs available 
but I'm a control freak... and wanted to create the circles one at a time. 

To cut your own, use either circle dies or a circle cutter as I did.



The traditional way to create the Bokeh effect 
is to use white pigment ink but I fancied trying it
 with a Distress Crayon first.

 I stencilled 2 circles with a white Distress crayon to see the results. 
I continued with the pigment ink as I found it easier to 
control the different levels of opacity of the circles.


For the stamping I used the Paper Artsy flowers with Versafine black 
and embossed them in clear powder. T

he sentiment by Kaisercraft is also stamped with Versafine but not embossed.

You can see my embossing powder container (ex take away dish) in which I decant my pot. 
Not much left at the moment!


I pulled out my Gelatos and coloured a circle around the flower heads 
using a stencil, to echo the Bokeh circles.


Quite simple to make, although it did take me a long time 
to stencil all those circles one by one! 



The most difficult part is to know when to stop 
and I hope I haven't gone overboard!"

Supplies:



No, Craftyfield you haven't gone overboard - 
it is a super tag.  I love the technique you
used too, not to mention cutting your own
stencil!


I quite often cut my own stencil's too and I use  
a purpose made product called Punch it And Die

"Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



















5 comments:

  1. Fab tag, love the use of the Gelatos at the end. X
    PS you didn't go too far ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag. Makes me want to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! Awesome example of the bokeh technique. I agree, you didn't go overboard - it's just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.