Saturday 18 November 2017

Crafty Emotions


Crafty Emotions


Hi!

Have you got all your weekend
chores done? Good for you!

Now it is time to sit back and
relax and what better place to
start than with Jane Castle's
Thank You card........


"At this time of year it's so easy to concentrate
 solely on Christmas but it's probably a good
 idea to have a couple of cards ready made
 and 'In the Bank' as to speak for those 
special thank-you's. 

Not only for a fabulous gift but dinner parties, 
drinks gatherings with neighbours 
and then there's 'New Year' parties. 

Today I'd like to share with you a card that
 can easily be adapted using different colours
 if it's for a male or depending on what
 you might have in your 'crafting stash'.


I started by preparing my outer frame, for this I painted 
a piece of smooth white card with Mud Splat paint. 
Once dry it was then given a coat of Weathered Wood, 
left to dry again and then a final coat of Blush
 

This was then put to one side as I wasn't sure 
at this stage how large I would need
 to make my aperture.

Using the following stamp set and inks I proceeded
 to build up the layers of my wild flowers.


The first to be stamped was the cow parsley, 
this was heat embossed with white EP.


Then I gradually filled in the bunch using 2 other 
stamps from the same set. 

Finally I added a few hand drawn stems using a
 Distress Marker. 

After trimming to size I punched 2 holes, 
1 each side of the stems, threaded some
ribbon through and tied a bow.


After cutting my frame to size I then decided to
 add some narrow lace to the inside of the aperture. 
This was attached using narrow double sided tape.

A die cut tag was then stamped with my sentiment 
and this was attached using a dragonfly brad.


Using a different sentiment on the tag this could be 
adapted for many different occassions, so one could 
make a couple of cards and add the tag when needed!"

Items Used

Lace from sewing stash

What a lovely card Jane;
thank you.

Just goes to show you don't need
a load of stamps and supplies
to make a stunning card

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jane! I love the wild grasses and the crackled frame is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and so very versatile. I have a lot of birthdays at this time of year and it's good to have some inspiration that isn't all about Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.