Thursday 23 November 2017

Mechanical Greetings


Mechanical Greetings



Hallo There!


Lovely day again here
but I suppose it will
get chilly when the sun
goes down.........

We shall just have to
keep ourselves warm
crafting!

Here is Louise Thomson:


"Hi there,
As Christmas approaches I'm sure many
 of us will be preparing gifts to give,
 and when we're not sure what our friends
 and family want, a gift card is a great idea.

Today I'm showing you how to make 
a pop up gift card holder to make 
your gift that little bit more 
personalised.

I started by slicing a strip about 5cm wide
 from a piece of a4 white card.


Setting aside the strip for later,
 I folded the larger piece in half. 

I then measured 4.5cm from the fold,
 scored lightly and folded along the score line. 

 Turning the card over, I repeated on
 the other side. 


this left me with this set up:


Using a gift card as a size guide,
I cut a slit in the centre fold to slot it in.


I painted the outside of the card in
 jade fresco paint and the inside with
 Antarctic paint. 

I used JOFY stamps to decorate 
and painted with white fire paint.

Next I taped the folds to create the 
pop up middle section



I used the JOFY mini snowflakes stamp
 to decorate the inside of the card and
 painted a panel that could be written on.



On a separate piece of card I stamped
 the pile of presents from JOFY set 02
 in charcoal versa ink and embossed
 with clear powder. 

I then painted it using fresco paints.



Having cut this out I added wire to the top
 and stuck in the centre of the pop up.



With the gift card in;



With the strip I cut away at the beginning 
I made a band to hold the card closed;


So that's one Christmas present
 I've got sorted at least! "


Materials;

Wire


The shops may do some lovely
Gift card folders but there's
nothing like having one that
has been specially made for
you to make you feel so
good inside.....
Thank you Louise


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

2 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.