Sunday 19 November 2017

Song Challenge

Song Challenge



Happy Sunday!

This seems like an oxymoron
given the song I have chosen: 

Paint It Black

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors any more, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a newborn baby, it just happens every day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door I must have it painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors any more, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black

The song was written by those veterans of Rock;
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
and performed by
The Rolling Stones

My underlying thoughts were for
the challenge to be anything you like
 but in monochrome (black and white),
however, as other colours are mentioned,
 perhaps incorporating just one of them
would make for a striking piece of work...

Here's another of Karen Gist's
beautiful coasters to give you
some inspiration:


As always, you can enter as many times
as you like via the link. 

The link will close at midnight on 
10th December

If the link isn't working, then please
email a picture of your work to me
and I will be glad to post it for you

Good luck and I look forward to
seeing your work

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx







2 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.