Saturday 11 November 2017

Find It


Find It


Hi There

Hope you are all wrapped up
warm - it is seasonally cold
out there!  Well, for us it is
but I expect those of you
south of the equator are enjoying
much warmer weather......

Celebrating the season here is
Claire Jackson and she's made 
all her Christmas cards too.....!

"If you’re like me with Christmas looming 
large you’ll be starting to panic that 
you haven’t made enough...or any...
Christmas cards.
The secret is to have a simple design
 that you can batch make.


Cut a square of card 10.5x10.5cm. 
Mask off some hills and colour the sky
 with weathered wood and salty ocean
 Distress Ink. 
Remove the mask for the background 
hill so that you can add a little shadow 
as if there is a bit of a valley.


Using a stencil (this one is from Kaisercraft)
and white acrylic paint add falling snow. 
If some of the circles are bolder than others
 it helps to give the feeling of depth.


Stamp a fence line and some grass in 
Archival ink. I used watering can as it is 
a little softer than black.


Following your die cutting machine’s instructions,
 die cut and emboss the snowman die.
 Colour him in with pencils or pens.


 Die cut the sentiment from white card.


Mat the background onto blue card and
 assemble all of the pieces.


I had my snowman before I bought the 
sentiment but here are the 20 cards I 
managed to make in an afternoon with 
a Distress Ink background and stamping.
 Instead of the acrylic paint I added 
white gel pen to the grass.



Products used:

organised!  Thank you for
the inspiration

Are you all up to date with
your Christmas preparations?
No need ask if I am........ but
I have got my cards done!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx










4 comments:

  1. Love the jolly snowman, and gosh how busy have you been! Both great designs Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm enjoying Christmas card making this year. Lots of lovely products out there!

      Delete
  2. Well done Claire. That's the way to do it!!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, what a fantastic series, I love your design Claire!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.