Thursday 2 November 2017

Jingle Bells


Jingle Bells

Hi There!

Have you still got your
bells jingling?  I have
hung a few from my
twiggy tree and when
I pass it quickly, the
jingles can be heard...!

.........it doesn't take much

Here's Louise Thomson
spreading the love....

"This post comes with a 
'fake snow disclaimer!'

 Hold on to your woolly hats folks, 
it's time to get Christmassy! 



I started out with a wooden heart.


I gave it a coating of gesso, some
 grunge paste for a 'rough around the 
edges' look, and then a coating
 of Fresco chalk paint


I blended a few distress oxide inks over 
the edges, wiping back some of the ink
 with a wet baby wipe for a soft look. 

You might notice from this picture
 I had stencilled on some snow however,
 I later sanded this off as I wanted a 
bigger area for stamping.


I used paper artsy set HPXM08EZ and 
stamped the single tree and the tiny stars
 (from the top of the three trees stamp)
 in iced spruce ink.


I layered on a few more trees in a dark blue,
 then added the reindeer, embossing them 
in a sparkle embossing powder.


On the other side of the heart I stamped
 stars and snowflakes from PaperArtsy 
and one from a new woodware set.


I also added a little more ink around
 the outside. I rubbed the whole outside
 edge in clear embossing ink and used the
 sparkle embossing powder to coat it


Using the clear embossing ink again, 
I dabbed patches of ink over the heart
 and sprinkled with chunky white embossing
 enamel before heating to emboss


Finally I added die cuts from Find It Trading Dies
 and Sizzix and increased the glitter content
 just a little further using some stickles glitter. 

I wish the camera showed up sparkle a bit better!


The reverse side was finished with a 
sentiment from Woodware (and maybe,
 just maybe, some fake snow!!) 

Hope it's inspired you to start feeling festive, 
I could definitely settle down in front
 of the fire with a hot chocolate and a 
chunky knit blanket now!!! "




What a delightful Christmas Ornament
Louise, Thank you for a great project


Certainly made me feel jingly!
Not sure about the cocoa but I
could really do with a 
chunky knit blanket!

'Till Tomorrow

Mickie xx



2 comments:

  1. Brrr, this really captures the 'Winter Chill' Louise. Like the idea of adding some grunge paste first. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't have been easy to stamp on a 3D surface! Beautiful ornament, Louise!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.