Wednesday 7 November 2012

Candle week - Karen

Hi, 
Three different projects with Karen today: one candle holder which is a gift, the card to go with the gift (better not forget that one) and her calendar page (with a candle). Aren't you spoiled? 
All in a lovely colour combination I'm sure you will love. 


These candle holders make amazing presents! Although I love the wood and was loath to paint it I needed a better base for colouring so I painted it with EcoGreen paint in Sand. The flower border was stamped and embossed in copper on each side and coloured with Letraset Promarkers. Some fine glitter was added here and there to give the image a 'lift' and some copper tape added top and bottom.
Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder - ancient copper

******
I cut a scalloped border down the outside edge and added a scrap of scalloped patterned paper. The edges were rubbed with distress inks.
Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder - ancient copper

**********
I covered my base with distress inks and added a light background to look like grass with some card which was patted with ink. I made up the image as before but cut out the leaves to arrange above the calendar piece. I added a handcut candle and a quote.
Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder - ancient copper


See you tomorrow






5 comments:

  1. Three great projects Karen using my favourite things...stamps and embossing powder lol; I love the richness of your EP with the stamps and colour combo, great idea for your calendar page with the leaf arrangement.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful coordinated set that will make a fab gift. I love the copper embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous colors. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pieces, Ilove the candle holder. Thanks Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all 3 pieces and this lovely stamp. The background technique for the Calendar is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.