Wednesday 21 November 2012

Gifts under £10 - Gio

Hi, 
Here's another little gift which is easy to make and will always be someone happy as it's very useful: an altered pencil case. 
Gio made two versions: One masculine one which she used as a gift box for a watch and a child one for little pencils. 
Those boxes only cost £ 1.25 and are quick and easy to alter.





BROWN BOX
 To make the brown box: I glued some Tando chipboards, metal charms, washers and watch parts onto the lid of the rectangular pencil case .When dry I covered it with DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Transparent Red Iron Oxide. When dry I applied an Andy Skinner "Timeworn technique". I glued the image from Crafty Individuals picture book: People and places 2 and I stamped the back of the lid using Coffee Archival ink and Andy Skinner acrylic stamps: Letting off steam



To make the brown box, Gio used:
Andy Skinner acrylic stamps: Letting off steam
DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: English Red Oxide, Warm white, Transparent Red Iron Oxide
Crafty Individuals picture book: People and places 2




PINK BOX


To make the pink box: I covered the Rectangular pencil case with Fresco Finish Paint : Rose. When dry I sprayed some Dylusion inks using The Crafters Workshop template - Gathered flowers and Harlequin.
I stamped some little swirls using Dylusions stamps: Background love and Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing powder: Amethyst Mist
I gessoed some old book pages and I stamped them using Dylusions stamps: Background love with Versamark ink. I poured some Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing powder: Amethyst Mist and I melted with the heat tool. I cut every single flowers and I coloured them using several distress inks. I glued the flowers to the lid along with a little image from Crafty Individuals picture book: People and places 2. I stamped the sentiment using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and
Woodware clear stamp: Alphabet background.







The calendar page : I mixed up the technique used to make the pencil boxes. I glued some metal charms, washers and watch parts to cardstock. When dry I covered it with Fresco Finish Paint: Rose. I gessoed some old book pages and I stamped  flowers using Dylusions stamps: Background love with Versamark ink. I poured some Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing powder: amethyst mist and I melted with the heat tool. I cut every single flowers and I coloured them using several distress inks. I glued them to the cardstock along with the month.


The Crafters Workshop template - Harlequin, Gathered flowers
Dylusions stamps: Background love
Crafty Individuals picture book: People and places 2
Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing powder: Amethyst Mist
Woodware clear stamp: Alphabet background


-----------------------------------------------------

This week again we have a prize draw feature across the blog, newsletter, Facebook and Twitter 
Three vouchers are up for grabs: £25, £20 and £15.   
It’s easy to enter, simply place an order on line with us.  Everyone who places an order between 16th and 23nd November will automatically be entered into the draw and at the close three lucky people will be drawn at random to win the vouchers

See you tomorrow





2 comments:

  1. Both boxes absolutely fabulous. Thank you for the detailed techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous boxes ! Love the watch strap too...

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.