Saturday 24 November 2012

Simply Saturday - Gifts under £10

Hi, 
Michelle and Jane with us today for Simply Saturday. 
Michelle has made lovely handbag set which, I'm sure, will make someone very happy this Christmas. 
Jane made a new calendar/tag using the Memento inks. Simple but very effective. 
Hope you like them too. 


I decided to make a handbag set of a tissue box, nail file and note pad. The tissue box was just made to fit a small pack of tissues. the base for all three was cut out of black card to contain the bits and pieces then I coloured white card, slightly smaller that each side, with mustard seed, crushed olive and festive berries.
After stamping the images with Versafine I just bleached out areas with a water brush filled with a mix of thin bleach and water.
I did cheat a bit though, as I had all the products needed for this project in my stash so all it cost me really was the cost of the card. Any stamp set would work for the project, have a look at Artemio stamp set - Hearts or Mini Paisley, both would work brilliantly!
I've made one of these for each of the women in the family - a very affordable stocking filler!




-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Oh to keep it simple, really simple......how does Gay manage to make it look so easy!!!!

First I used two colours of Memento Ink on my stamp

Then I picked one Copic pen, YG25 to highlight just a few areas

I didn't like the white calendar tab on this tag so I coloured it with a Copic, Y21. Then mounted it on matching Coredinations

Just a few ribbons to finish


Memento Inks - Rose Bud, Lilac Posies
Crafty Individuals Stamp - CI-175
Copics - YG25, Y21



This week again we have a prize draw feature across the blog, newsletter, Facebook and Twitter 
Three vouchers are up for grabs: £25, £20 and £15.   
It’s easy to enter, simply place an order on line with us.  Everyone who places an order between 23rd November and December 1st will automatically be entered into the draw and at the close three lucky people will be drawn at random to win the vouchers



See you tomorrow






2 comments:

  1. Love Michelle's gift set, the design is so striking ! And the distress inking is flawless... Gay's calendar is very pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the images and colours used by Michelle for her set. Gay's calendar is beautifully feminine. x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.