Saturday 17 November 2012

Simply Saturday

Hi , 
No gifts for Simply Saturday, but you need cards to give with your gifts, don't you? 
So here we are, Gay and I with a couple of cards to inspire you. 
I'm afraid I don't master the C&S as much as Gay does, but let's say you have 2 levels of Clean and Simple this week LOL. 

Gay stamped the Kanban bauble with Memento inks, then stamped the IndigoBlu Noel above.
She them added touches of colour, glitter and a gem to the bauble.
Simple but very effective, me think


Kanban stamps: Christmas baubles
IndigoBlu stamps: Here comes Santa

As for my card, not Christmas I'm afraid, and not as C&S as Gay's card, but hopefully you will like it too. Very easy to make though.

I stamped a white card (5.5" square) with the Impression Obsession stamp and Archival Coffee ink. 
I then stamped the Crafty Individuals butterflies with Black Archival ink and coloured with Derwent  Coloursoft pencils. (No Sansodor... I don't use it... just blend with the pencils)


Added several shades of grey for the shadows 

A little touch of Distress ink on the edges to match the colour of the butterflies
et voilà...

Impression Obsession stamp: Newsprint
Crafty Individuals stamp: CI-347

I meant to make another card, but was told by my cat Poppy that it was time to go to bed.
When I craft in the evening, at 10 pm (give or take 10 min), she will come up and sit on my desk as if to say "time to go to bed". She will literally sit on whatever I am doing (got to be careful if I'm painting!!)
Whether we lived in the UK, or now in Canada, whether it's winter time or summer time, that cat knows how to read the time I swear! 10 pm on the dot!
So only one card today....




It's Gift week, so we have a gift for you :)
This week we have a prize draw feature across the blog, newsletter, Facebook and Twitter 
Three vouchers are up for grabs: £25, £20 and £15.   
It’s easy to enter, simply place an order on line with us.  Everyone who places an order between 16th and 22nd November will automatically be entered into the draw and at the close three lucky people will be drawn at random to win the vouchers

See you tomorrow





5 comments:

  1. Both very beautiful cards. The butterfly card is more to my taste.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say: love the beautiful cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards each with their own merits! I don't know how Gay manages to produce what appears to be very simple designs with such elegance and chic! It must take ages to come up with such designs and combinations! I can never get the balance right with using so many ifferent design elements as Isabelle does either, without mine looking a complete mess! Beautiful work both of you! Thank you for sharing your expertise with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a beautiful card, thanks for the techni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un petit moment que je n'avais pas eu le temps de venir admirer les réas sur le blog, Bravo Gay et Isa ces deux cartes sont vraiment superbes !... J'ai pris le temps aussi de parcourir les posts de ces deux dernières semaines, il y a vraiment des réas magnifiques... et plein de bonnes idées de tit's cadeaux à réaliser merci !!! Bises. Thank you all DT members for all creations and great inspiration during these last two weeks ! I will visit again asap. Hugs, Coco(nut)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.