Thursday 1 November 2012

Christmas...Advent... calendars... day 4

Hi, 
2013 calendar day today with Gio, who used the felt beautifully creating those little cute houses and giving you a basic blanket stitch tutorial.



I cut a piece of white cardstock to size. Then I sprayed it using The Crafters Workshop template - Mixed-up alpha stencil and Dylusions ink spray Vibrant turquoise mixed with water in a mister.
I made little holes all along the border, then I stitched the border using different colours of thread.



To make the houses: I cut the body, the roof and little pieces to make the windows and doors from Felt pack: Solid colours and I glued all together using Anitas Tacky Glue. Then I stitched the felt along the border using the blanket stitch.
I glued the little felted house and the month to the cardstock.
I made a photo tutorial about the blanket stitch for the beginners, hope it can be useful.



The Crafters Workshop template - Mixed-up alpha


 Our special offer this week
Order any advent calendar from our site, 
It will be added to your parcel.

See you tomorrow





4 comments:

  1. Adorable houses. Love the felt and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project love the homespun look using felt gives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ! Love the colours you've used for the houses, quirky and fun.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.