Wednesday 14 November 2012

Gifts under £20 - Key holders


Hi, 
When it comes to altered gifts, I think our expert on the DT has got to be Gio. She is very inventive and her original "upcycling" creations are always a hit on this blog.  
Today Gio altered a couple of key holders: one masculine and another more girly.
 As well as her boxes, she aslo made two new calendars. Aren't you spoiled today?


I sanded and gessoed the wooden key-holder, then I painted with Americana Warm white. I distressed it a little bit with Distress ink Tea die and a bit of Americana Red English Oxide.
I gessoed a piece of book page; when dry I sprayed it with Dylusion ink Melted Chocolate using the CI Mask Roundabout, ( I "cleaned"
the mask above the sides of the key-holder) then I cut it to size and I covered the inner part of the key holder.


For the masculine version: I cut a piece of chicken wire to size and I painted with Americana Warm white.I stamped the word "Keys" on the piece of gessoed pages using
Crafty Secrets: Artsy Alphabet, and I stamped the gears using Andy Skinner acrylic stamps: Letting off steam plate and Kanban stamps: Cogs with Coffee Archival ink.
I matted the stamped details with a piece of clear acetate coloured with several alcohol inks.
I added some metallic charms and I glued the stamped images to the chicken wire. I adhered the chicken wire to the front side of the key-holder.



For the girlish version:I cut a piece of chicken wire to size and I painted with Fresco Finish Paint Lilac. I gessoed a piece of book page; when dry I sprayed it with
Dylusion ink Crushed grape on the CI Mask Roundabout, then I cut an heart out of it. I stamped several little face using CI-174 using Distress Ink Seedless preserve.
I matted the heart and the other stamped details with a piece of clear acetate coloured with several alcohol inks. I stamped the sentiment using Woodware clear stamp: Alphabet background
I added some metallic charms and I glued the stamped images to the chicken wire. I adhered the chicken wire to the front side of the key-holder.





For the calendar page: I cut a piece of white cardstock to size then I painted with Fresco Finish Paint Lilac. When dry I sprayed it with Dylusion ink Crushed grape on the CI Mask Roundabout
I cut an heart shape opening and I glued to the back a piece of chicken wire. I gessoed a piece of book page; I stamped several little face using Kanban acrylic stamps Cogs using Distress Ink Seedless preserve.
I matted the month with a piece of clear acetate coloured with several alcohol inks. 






 For the second calendar page: I cut a piece of white cardstock to size then I painted with Fresco Finish Paint Lilac. When dry I sprayed it with Dylusion ink Crushed grape on the CI Mask Roundabout
I cut an heart shape opening and I glued to the back a piece of chicken wire. I gessoed a piece of book page; I stamped several little face using Kanban acrylic stamps Cogs using Distress Ink Seedless preserve.
I matted the month with a piece of clear acetate coloured with several alcohol inks. I glued the cogs and the month to the page.
I glued the cogs and the month to the page.

CI Mask Roundabout
Dylusion inks: Melted Chocolate, Crushed grape, Warm white,  Red English Oxide
Distress Ink pads: Seedless preserve, Tea die
CI -174
Crafty Secrets: Artsy Alphabet
Andy Skinner acrylic stamps: Letting off steam

It's Gift week, so we have a gift for you :)

This week we have a prize draw feature across the blog, newsletter, Facebook and Twitter 
Three vouchers are up for grabs: £25, £20 and £15.   
It’s easy to enter, simply place an order on line with us.  Everyone who places an order between 9th and 15th November will automatically be entered into the draw and at the close three lucky people will be drawn at random to win the vouchers


See you tomorrow



3 comments:

  1. Great projects. Like the his and hers versions. Great gift ideas here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gio has created gorgeous projects again ! Wonder if the Craft Barn will stock chicken wire in the next future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Gio projects beautifully feminine but not 'girlie' - love them! I'm with Craftyfield on the chicken wire - it's impossible to buy small amounts of such things and I NEED some!!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.