Friday 21 September 2012

Pebeo book

Hi,
Another way today to use those fabulous paints: on papier maché. Neil has altered a little box/book and I think the effect he got on there is just perfect, don't you think?
Here's how Neil made it....



Not sure if anyone is familiar with the film "The Legend of the Guardians" but it's full of owls and though the story is pretty predictable the film is visually stunning.
This was my inspiration for this week's piece. I took one of the paper mache book boxes and used pebeo paints to do the outside covers in silver and blue It dries really shiny (And slowly so patience is needed; though that may have been the weather and a thick layer too!)
I stamped the owl onto white shrink plastic using stazon and cut out and shrank with the heat gun.



The paint does give really interesting results though I have to say that the more I worked it the less the patterned stayed so I'll have to play some more to see what works best for me (what a hard life I have!)

Inside I painted black and the lovely old script was stamped in silver .
I attached the decorative metal "battle guard" inside. Waiting to be passed down from the elder Guardian to the next, younger one...


Materials list
IndigoBlu twit twoo stamp
Stampers Anonymous Apothecary stamp set
Pebeo paints - discovery set- Fantasy moon (used blue metal and veil of smoke from the set)


our special offer this week

10 % off Pebeo paints
Enter the code PEBEO10 at checkout





See you tomorrow



5 comments:

  1. Very cool book, Perfect for Halloween, it has that spooky look to it too. Love it, I'll need to get me some of these cool paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paints give the book a wonderful mystical look. I like what you've done with the inside - the script in silver against the black fits so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great make over for the 'book'. The silver and blue work perfectly together. My favourite part is the interior with that gorgeous stamped script and the 'battle guard' (no clue about these things I have to say!)which is a lovely silvery filigree 'thingy'!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me think of Harry Potter ! The owl, the old mysterious book... Great Halloween project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really fab. The owl looks like he's sitting against old stone or wood. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.