Thursday 6 September 2012

Transfer Artist Paper week:

Hi,
Neil is with us today with a lovely box he altered by stamping directly on the box and then again on the TAP paper. This way you get the same image in opposite direction. Another advantage when working with TAP paper and stamps. 
Here's how Neil made his sample

I'll be honest; my first attempt was not successful trying to transfer direct onto the box so I had a rethink!
I Stamped the owl onto the box directly and then stamped it onto the TAP paper and transferred this onto Binding cloth which worked a treat and then I adhered it to the box over the bit I'd messed up!
The box was coloured with distress stain and distress ink . 
I stamped some leaves around and used a Tando mask with Inka Gold to add highlights.
I glued a twig onto the box as a perch to which I'd added some old jewellery to finish.




Materials
Distress stain - Stormy sky
Distress ink - stormy sky and walnut stain
Inka gold - 909 old silver
Indigo Blu - Twit Twoo


Our special offer this week will be 15% off Distress Stains 
Enter the code DISTRESS15 at checkout

See you tomorrow



6 comments:

  1. looks super (and its good to know that others make 'mistakes' too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous grungy box - love this look.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all worked out in the end ! Using fabric adds that little bit more texture to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, this box is very nice and the two owls very lovely !!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.