Thursday 20 September 2012

Pebeo mirror

Buongiorno :)
Gio is with us today for yet another type of sample made with the beautiful Pebeo paints.
She chose to alter a wooden mirror 

= = = = = = 

I started to spread the Fantasy prisme red paint with the help of a wooden stick on the upper side of the mirror; when I covered half of the mirror I added drops of white paint and I spread it around to mix with the red.
I poured the white paint on the bottom of the mirror, taking care to mix the two colors with the stick where they met. I add some drops of gold paint now and then, always mixing with the stick.
I set aside to dry overnight. I added some findings and embellishments: you can add them with glue or you can add them when the paint is still wet.
With these colours, you get a wonderful shiny surface, no needed further varnishing.








To make her mirror, Gio used:

but the same technique could be used on any wooden item

our special offer this week

10 % off Pebeo paints
Enter the code PEBEO10 at checkout


See you tomorrow



5 comments:

  1. A real fantasy mirror. Great colours and the textures look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed how you conceive the ideas and techniques for all the projects you do Gio! This is stunningly gorgeous and something i wouldn't of thought of doing in a hundred years! Beautiful work, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mirror is stunning Gio! I love these paints, they're amazing! I'm running out of things to cover with them! Lol!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.