Tuesday 11 September 2012

Sizzix week: Isa

Hi, 
Have you ever thought of using alcohol inks on fabric? They always say that it's for non porous surfaces, but you can get amazing effect on fabric too as Isa'sArt will show you here today. 
She used this inked cotton to make some beautiful flower on a tag, but they would look stunning on a card or scrapbook page. 
What do you think? 
= = = = = = = = = 



Isa started by inking her cotton with the alcohol inks (doesn't it look fab??)

She then die cut the leaves and sewed them on felt (also cut with the die)

She altered a tag with paints, alcohol inks, Aquamarkers and Distress inks

And that was the perfect base for her beautiful flowers
DIE SIZZIX Tim Holtz TAG
Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower layers & leaves
Sizzix Bigz Die - Labels and buttons
Paint Americana
Alcohol inks Ranger, medium and tools
Inks Versafine Sepia, Distress walnut, magohany
Stamp CI-203 and CI-207
We R Memory Keepers Sew Stamper: Zig Zag stitch

Our special off this week
Spend £30 on Sizzix products between Sept 10th and 17th and get a £5 voucher back
(you will find it in your parcel)



See you tomorrow



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. A new idea for me to try with fabric. Thanks Isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isa you have achieved a wonderful effect with your alcohol inks on material. Very pretty tag, I love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, Isa! I start recognizing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing tag, I never thought about using the alcohol inks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag and I love work involving fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous.....gotta to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late here today!!
    This is as stunning as ever from Isa. Love how she's used the alcohol inks on fabric and included stitching in her project.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love it, arty and stylish and can see the effort gone into making it. I like using alcohol ink on porous surfaces, what I'd like to ask is where o where can I get fabric from to stamp on. I keep seeing these fabulous makes and Like to try but no fabric and don't use auction sites. I really like the autumn collage technique in this months craft stamper, so fabric please where can I get x many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, thank you ! :-) I try differents products with fabric actually so I will show it for you soon ;-) Enjoy ! ISA

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a glorious tag - so great to read about more uses for the alcohol inks, I certainly hadn't thought of fabric! So thank you for the inspiration...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.