Saturday 8 September 2012

Simply TAP Saturday

So here we are, 
Another week has gone by and I hope you enjoyed seeing all the sample with the TAP paper and that you will want to give it a go. 
Gay is here today with a step by step for a stunning box she altered using the TAP paper, paints, glitter, gilding... I'm sure it must be even more beautiful in real life!
Can't wait to read what you think ....


You can see my printed TAP paper and the image that I chose in picture number 2.
This was my first encounter with TAP (Transfer Artist Paper), it was going swimmingly, or so I thought, but it was late at night and I was impatient. I hadn't waited long enough for the gesso to dry, so when I removed the top paper the image moved and swirled in the paint. I really liked the ethereal ghosting so decided to see if I could make it work with my ideas for the little box.
In the instructions for the TAP paper it clearly states that anything white in your picture will be transparent therefore showing the colour through that you put it on, that's why I had to paint the box with gesso. I had thought originally of a colour wash or even a lacquer on the wood but it looked wrong with the ghostly image.



I used a Damask stencil, masked off what I didn't want and then swiped over with black matt paste, carefully removing the mask and sprinkling the result with black very fine glitter. 



I painted the rest of the box with Claret and Black letting that dry completely before I started to gild my design onto the sides. Using a mask (Harlequin) I sponged the glue from Indigo Blu's gilding kit through and then placed the gilding flakes over. Rubbing carefully to make sure it had a good bond to the glue and finishing with a scoochy sponge to finish. It was too bright a contrast with the image so I painted a wash of black Fresco paint and that calmed it down, it made it look quite old. Stamping on the edge with a new Paper Artsy stamp and embossing in gold embossing powder.
I stamped the text onto the image using StazOn and added buttons for the feet.
A braid (from my stash) around the edge and I was done!





I used
9cmx5cm Wooden box for altering
Dreamweaver Damask stencil and Black matt paste
Crafters Workshop Harlequin mask
Fresco Finish Paints: Little Black Dress, Claret
Stamps from the French Market place.
PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella Collection LPC011
Indigo Blu Starter Kit 
Sheets of gilding, Gold



Our special offer this week will be 15% off Distress Stains 
Enter the code DISTRESS15 at checkout



See you next week
Have a great weekend







10 comments:

  1. Stunning! What a gorgeous box! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you went with the flow when things didn't work out as planned. It's a good effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artistic design and very nice craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gay this is fabulous, must've taken you ages to do this - thanks for the tutorial too, I'd never be able to figure out how you'd done it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouahh!!! my english is not very good but it's very beautiful
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a stunning piece of work, it just all goes together perfectly and your taf certainly was a happy accident x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i really appreciate your work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.